Strategies for Individuals and Families
Your financial plan should be designed with these areas in mind:
- Financial independence at retirement to provide you with a sustainable income.
- Disability and Critical Illness insurance to protect your income by providing replacement income if you are sick or disabled.
- Liquidity of your assets in the event that an emergency or opportunity presents itself.
- Survivor's financial and estate protection at death providing immediate cash to meet short, medium and long- term living needs.
A balanced plan must also address the needs of elder care as our population ages. You should address ahead of time your potential needs such as:
- Long-Term Care insurance designed to provide financial relief and assist with the daily expenses at older ages for personal care required as a result of the loss of the basic abilities to dress, bath, transit to or from the bathroom, manoeuvring in or out of bed or chairs, or feeding yourself.
Registered Retirement Planning
As we discuss retirement planning, we will look at Canada's best registered plans:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): allows you to defer tax on your investments and achieve some tax relief.
- Tax Free Savings Plan (TFSA): allows you to save money while deferring investment income on the after-tax monies invested.
- Post-Secondary Education Planning As we discuss educational planning, we will examine the best educational plans:
- Registered Education Plan (RESP): allows you to defer tax on your educational investment's and achieve some tax relief.
AODA Customer Services Policy Statement
Mutual Funds and Segregated Funds provided by the Fund Companies are offered through
Worldsource Financial Management Inc.
Other Products and Services are offered through PIB Financial.
All information provided is believed to be accurate and reliable however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Worldsource Financial Management Inc. will not be held liable for any inaccuracies in the information presented, nor will WFM be held liable for any software damages resulting from the use of this website. Mutual funds are offered in Canada only.